Thursday, July 28, 2011

Being Alive, Living Awake

Being "alive" requires me to be the exact person God designed me to be. I'm not a member of the walking dead, I am fully living, and I know that "life is good," and here's why:

First of all, I wasn't designed to follow the herd, so I DON'T. And if I was intended to be a leader, people would follow me, and THEY DON'T. So I don't expect them to. I'm content knowing that I like people, but I'm not a member of a group, tribe, clique, gaggle or club. The direction my feet are turned is the direction I go, and if I go alone, it's probably because there's no trail that goes that direction. And most other people prefer to follow trails.

I have a unique blend of talents, hobbies, interests and passions, and there's probably no one else in the world who matches that exact blend, so the result is that I have lots of friends in life but no life partner. That's okay, because having nobody else telling me what I will or will not do with my talents, hobbies, interests and passions means that I am COMPLETELY FREE to live EXACTLY as the person I was designed to be. I am not a two-headed animal trying to travel in two opposite directions. That makes me efficient at being MYSELF.

Free from the herd, when I see evil and injustice in the world, there is nobody with so much influence over my thinking that they can convince me the evil and injustice is just a figment of my imagination. I see it, so I believe it. The herd may be looking at pop culture, sports and celebrity gossip, thinking those are the important things in life. Meanwhile, I don't know the rules of their games, I don't know who those celebrities are, I think their culture is stupid, and I'm looking the opposite direction anyway. I'm not watching TV, I'm looking out the window. And then I'm outside, and I'm walking around. I'm alive, breathing the air, living MY life, not the life of a celebrity on TV who's pregnant with an alien baby from an affair with a basketball player.

I tell people about the evils and injustices they would otherwise overlook because that's the right thing to do, NOT because I think most of them will listen or care. And since the majority of the herd of human sheep won't listen or care, I understand and accept the fact that evil and injustice will rule the land more often than good and justice. I understand that and I'm prepared for it, but that doesn't mean I'll keep silent when justice would have me be heard. What it means is that I won't follow them over any cliff. And it also means that if anyone at all listened when I spoke, those friends of mine won't jump either.

Because I am alive and awake, I am confident. When the storm comes, I have boarded my windows. I have battened down my hatches. I am docked securely in the harbor while others are still at sea, fated to drown. They've called me crazy or stupid. Now let's see what Fate calls them.

And that's the Master Plan. I was born to be myself, not someone else. To follow my path, not yours. The Master Plan was never even my own, and that's the beauty of it. It's the plan of someone far more brilliant, someone with flawless logic: the One who made me, designed my every detail at the drafting table. Every talent, hobby, interest and passion is part of that plan. I was put here on purpose and so were you. I was meant to be awake and alive, so were you. As different as we are, we are exactly alike: we're here for a reason, we came on a mission. But we can only fulfill our mission if we are awake, aware and SOBER. If you live awake, you'll live fulfilled. If you live asleep you'll die empty. But frankly, it's none of my business which way you choose. If you live dead, you're like all the rest of the plants and animals: everything that's born, that lives, that grows also dies. You can be food for worms if you like. All I can say is, this is my personal opinion: life is better than death. And in my experience, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment